Friday, June 22, 2012

Summerhood (2008)



More like girl meets cable TV, then never left her house.  It never fails, all of my ambitious goals go down the toilet when I start a new series. After catching up with Shameless, Weeds, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Mad Men and Desperate Housewives (no judgement) I am going to give Revenge a shot.  I have no self control. (Or time during the school year to watch TV). That's all I seem to want to do these days, it feels SO unproductive but fulfilling at the same time.

current obsession with Christina Hendricks
http://bettydraperlookingpissed.tumblr.com/ <-- This is a funny Tumblr I came across.

Summer has been a bit of bouncing around since Brandon got back from deployment on May 26th. It's been a lot of packing and unpacking. Organizing and cleaning and trying to sell a lot of stuff that's just collecting dust. I've been very successful on Amazon. Seriously, if you have stuff laying around the house you don't want, post it on Amazon and sell it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=0&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&isCBA=&asin=B00064XG0G&seller=A23YGXEPHV0LJZ

I've also pulled out my craft box to keep me entertained and found some jewelry I made last summer to pass the time.  I recently decided to post them on Etsy. It's really exciting because according to the site I "opened my shop." :) That's cute.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChristeneHurley?ref=no-search-results

I watched The Family Stone (2005) and was inspired to recreate the famous "Morton's Family Strata" that Meredith makes for Christmas morning. This movie is one that starts a thread of films I have to watch for some odd reason. It's always followed with The Last Holiday (2006) and then sometimes with Nothing Like the Holidays (2008)

http://www.food.com/recipe/morton-family-strata-from-the-family-stone-movie-329652
The Strata came out really nice and made the whole house smell of breakfast. For some reason it was better the second morning. There are some changes I'd make like using fresh tomatoes, maybe less onion and add cheddar and or feta cheese.



I made Peanut Butter cookies today that came out really tasty. Just call me Giada.

I saw Hunger Games (2012) and I really enjoyed it. I vaguely knew the story line and saw the trailer once because I didn't want to have very high expectations of it. I really wanted to enjoy it. And for the most part I did. My only qualm is with the cinematographers choice to have so many close up and hand held shots. I was so interested in the bigger picture and loved the rare wide shots. I have not read the books but Brandon has and told me the film did the book justice. There were a lot of details left out, but the second book is apparently the best and a film to look forward to. I was very pleased with the performances and the costumes.


Just watched the Tony's! It was pleasantly surprising entertaining. I delayed my viewing of True Blood's Season premiere and Mad Men's Finale to watch the awards in it's entirety. It's no mystery why this is Neil Patrick Harris' third time hosting. It was also very nostalgic to see the ever handsome, Hugh Jackman, receive his humanitarian award during the show. What a man, what a mighty good man. I saw the first trailer of Les Miserables (2012) during the show and was left spell bound. December can't get there fast enough!!! 




The First Film related thing I'm participating in this summer is The 48 Hour Film Project in Greensboro with my school mates. I'm co-producing and 1st Assistant Directing, very exciting! 



Summertime not only reminds me of Porgy and Bess but also an independent film that was brought to the San Diego Film Festival in 2008, Summerhood (2008). It was one of my absolute favorites of the festival and a festival favorite in general. Director, Jacob Medjuck, was such a blast to get to know and hang with. I picked his brain as much as I could.






Check out this nifty irrelevant little treasure: http://www.tentsile.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment