Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer School (1987)

Lately I've had the urge to set an alarm on my phone reminding me of important things. The kinds of things you find yourself remembering at the weirdest times, like "Reminder for Thursday: Life goes by really fast so take a moment to appreciate small things you're likely to forget."
"Reminder for Friday: Allow everyone you meet to make an impact on your life (good/bad) or Learn a lesson from those you meet."



July has been kind and cruel to me. Full of some really great days and some crabby days. Full of really good luck like getting a Queen Bed and Box Spring for free on Craigslist, but then really bad luck like losing the box spring on I-40. I'm not lying when I say I'm happy to see July go and August to be here, even though there is still a few days left.

I was looking forward to watching New Year's Eve (2011). I shouldn't have been so excited. It is a bit of a continuation of Valentine's Day (2010) with character and plot changes.  It was cute and entertaining but not my favorite film. It follows about 10 stories but is not a traditional anthology film. Some of my favorite faces graced the screen which is always a tasty delight, especially Michelle Pfeiffer. 

July began for me with a little bit of a relocation. It's better financially to live off campus, and better for my sanity. Although I have nothing terrible to say about my roommate freshman year, I can honestly say I like my space and privacy. Who doesn't, am-i-right? It's times like this it pays to be a non traditional student. I can't help but be a little excited to have a place to escape to when school becomes a little much. 


I've been splitting my time between Fayetteville, Winston Salem and Wilmington and some days touch down in all three. Driving must have become a little monotonous because the other day I got into an accident on I-40. My poor bumper! That just postpones little things I wanted to get, nothing necessary. 

If only it were this easy....

Lemoncello Cake from Luigis

While I visit Fayetteville I pick up shifts at my old restaurant and spend hours catching up with people I've known for almost 10 years. It feels like a family reunion. But after a double I get home looking like:

Especially because Brandon's Dad visited from Hawaii and Brandon has been off the whole month of July so it's late night hangouts with family & friends. 

Sake and Miso


There were some very great moments in July: My sister-in-law getting married. She made a beautiful bride. Her minister? None other than Brandon J. Hurley. Yup. Brandon became certified to marry his sister. (Not in a West Virginian way) (Sorry, Austin). 


Brandon, Van and I went to Busch Gardens recently and had a very good time!

My bff, Mia

Van & Mia, this pic describes them perfectly 
Brandon soaked

Van shooting hoops

France was perfectly clad in pink... 
trying to look cool on the Griffon

Beautiful owl

There's still 6 days left in July, but it's going to be spent running around like a decapitated chicken. Brandon deploys this week and I'm moving to Winston Salem and starting a new job. That's a lot, so wish me luck. 

I love people like this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment