Friday, November 22, 2013

GMWS- These are a few of my favorite things

I've shared with you 10 posts of different places to see in Winston Salem. Now let me share with you MY favorite places as the girl who met Winston Salem some years ago. Now these are not all places limited to only Winston, but more of things I discovered in Winston. 

a Set of frames I bought at Earthbound Trading Co. 
When I go shopping, I love to visit Earthbound Trading Co. at Hanes Mall. The endless choices of masquerade masks is what originally drew me in to the store. The little interesting knick knacks make for great gifts and just fun things to have, like my mustache mood ring. They also sell small packs of sage to bless a house. It's a cute house warming gift and I love buying gifts.


Teavana is a tea shop also in Hanes Mall with amazing tea. It's expensive but makes the best tea I've ever had. Pineapple kona pop blended with blueberry rooibus with rock sugar is my favorite. It's usually on display in the summer. 


When I'm in the mood for coffee and a date with a friend, I either go to Camino Bakery or Krankies.
Camino has made it's way into a few of my posts now for good reason. It's damn good. But it is expensive so be prepared.


When I go grocery shopping, I love going to Trader Joe's. Great quality and healthier options. There isn't a Trader Joe's in every city so don't take it for granted. If for nothing else, go for their daily free sample & coffee! That's how I discovered one of my now favorite snacks. 2 packs of TJ's frozen mac n cheese boxes with 1 jar of chunky salsa mixed together. Simple as that!


While I'm at Trader Joe's I take advantage of Dewey's bakery right next door and get a cake square or cheese straws. They also have samples so you know what you'll be buying. Another great idea for a unique edible gift.


My favorite place to ride my bike or walk is Salem Lake. It's beautiful and conveniently located in our city! It's less than a 10 minute drive from school and wraps around for just over 7 miles.


Swaims is my neighborhood bar. It feels homie and it's walking distance from my apartment. I recently took up Foosball at Swaims. I only wish they served food because bar peanuts sometimes are not enough.


When I need to find a place to eat, I go where I know. Mozelle's Poulet Rouge Confit Crêpes with fruit, I still think about and I had it a year ago. 


Nawab is the best Indian I've had. I split the sampler dinner platter with a friend and was introduced to some very tasty Indian food. The Vegetable Korma is by far my favorite and now the only thing I order. 

These are just a few favorites of mine here in Winston Salem. The list only grows as I continue to explore. 

1 comment:

  1. W-S should hire you as a promoter. Your enjoyment and appreciation of the city is evident.

    ReplyDelete