Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Haven (2012)

Last semester I went on and on about a directing assignment I was very excited about. It is finally done and I'm very proud of it. Take a look and tell me what you think!

HAVEN


I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO THIS MUSIC.
Copyrights belong to Cosmos, Columbia, Sony Music Nasty Kutt record labels and Madcon music group.
Virgin / EMI record label and Massive Attack music group.


This is a short film written, directed and produced by Christene Hurley

Co-Director/Cinematographer: Austin Witthuhn

Starring

Kira Geiger
West Webb
Wil Bethman
Brandon Hurley


Grip
Ben Guillbault
Brandon Hurley


Party Extras

Amy Rowland
Alex Epply-Schmidt
Harry Rossi
Jake Kath
Liliana Pagano
Austin Elliott
Camilo Herrera
Kaelie Kandel


Busy busy bee here. Trying to find the inspiration to edit my 5 minute film. I didn't expect it to be easy, but I did expect it to be easier, if that makes sense. Every week we screen each other's rough cuts and I have to have one by next Tuesday. I think that is realistic. But it sure will be rough...
This weekend I am involved in 3 2nd year productions. I hope I can make it through. Not to mention that tomorrow I have a pretty important group presentation for Psychology. Germany through the nineteenth century. My group member and I made 19th cent. cookies for the class I'm pretty excited about. I'm sitting here in screenwriting smelling of butter feeling a little restless. Not from a lack of rest, but just a lack of things to look forward to. Actually I lack the ability to currently be grateful for the things to come: Spring Break to be exact. I'm so use to Brandon and I planning something fantastic, but this year, things are tight and we need to be a little frugal. Fayetteville and beach it is.

getting licked by Camilo, what else is new

Austin's Scholarship submission still photo with West Webb

Rachel Hall's 5 minute where I played a Navy Seal

Fun Pool day with Mark Webb, photo taken by Austin Whittuhn

Screenings: Starting with the recent screening of Apocalypse Now (1979) 
During the on-going Vietnam War, Captain Willard is sent on a dangerous mission into Cambodia to assassinate a renegade Green Beret who has set himself up as a God among a local tribe.

I've somehow managed to avoid seeing this movie for no other reason than I didn't know what it was about. I heard early on in the semester that we would be screening this after the midterm so I waited patiently. It was worth the wait, but such a heavy film. I needed hours to recover from it. But I recommend for many reasons that everyone watch this film. Directed by Francis For Coppola, starring Martin Sheen and Marlon Brando. And interesting fact I read was the Martin Sheen had a heart attack during filming, the exact reason is unknown, but it's said from the intensity of his role.

Fav pic of Brando, Streetcar.

Marlon Brando, Streetcar Named Desire

The following weekend we screened Ghostbusters (1984) This movie is as old as I am, and I think it's been over a decade since I've seen it, so long that I forgot Marshmallow man was in it. What a nice surprise. But I have to admit, it wasn't as epic as I remember it as a child. Which I guess is the case for everything. Including homes and theme parks. Ooh! I'm going to a theme park soon, or the zoo. Yes.

This weekend we are screening the Shinning (1980). I'm really excited about this, because over intensive arts we had a series of "horror" films that were not horror films. "/

I recently introduced my bff to Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988). And get this, the Chiodo Brothers are planning on making a sequel in 2012!!!! That is an event to look forward to. Along with the Oscars this weekend. And the following releases:

Mar 23- The Hunger Games
Jun1- Snow White & the Huntsmen
Jun 22- Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter
Jul 20- Dark Knight Rises
Dec 7- Les Mis
Dec 14- The Hobbit
 And a bunch more!

No comments:

Post a Comment