Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year (2010)

It's the last day of February. (Leap year day to be exact). Days seem to be going by very fast that I can't even catch my breath sometimes. Friday is Spring break. Which means it's just about Spring. When did we have Winter?

Somehow I only managed to have 3 midterms out of 8 classes. I'm not complaining because I'm enjoying what I'm learning in my classes right now. (Psych, Art history, Editing, Sound, Screenwriting, Producing, Directing, and American Cinema)

This past weekend 3 2nd year productions went out, all of which I was involved with. It was so exciting! Hero I jumped in early on as Casting Director. Come See Paradise, I helped with props and set decoration, then on Coma Home I acted then became a bit of a PA.
My mom says I look tired. I think I look pensive.
 photo credit: Kess Jones


A leap year is a year containing one additional day in order to keep the calendar year synched with the seasonal year. This is a perfect excuse to do something memorable. I'm a sucker for days like this. Especially Palindromes!! 11-11-11 will always be memorable for me because I got busted after visiting a party in my apartment complex for minutes. I spent weeks in and out of the residence office "taking care of it", while some of my friends got into some serious trouble for no.reason.at.all. 

Austin probably saying something inappropriate.
photo credit: Bryan Sloyer

This candid photo was taken by someone very important to me. Someone that I planned on spending the next 3 years with, but due to some unforeseen opportunities, our time will be cut short. I don't blame him one bit because he is leaving for the very right reasons. I envy his bravery and his heart and commitment. I know he is not leaving lightly and he is leaving behind a legacy that will never be forgotten. But I can't help but feel selfish and want to see him everyday. He sees the world like no one else. He's the kind of guy that can fill the most beautiful moments with nothing more than silence. A very, "if you don't have something important to say, don't say anything at all" kind of guy. I can't even express how MUCH I'm going to miss this kid! f

Evan Scott Russell, crafty.


On a lighter note. I spent my weekend on the set of Coma Home with some interesting characters. Especially Evan Scott Russell. Probably one of the funniest guys I know. He ran crafty and that gave us more time to discuss our 7 minute film. Enjoy the movie below:




Chris "motherf___" Ellison. 
I could fill pages about how highly I think of this guy, Chris Ellison DP'd my dream sequence last semester and I wish I knew then how lucky I was...


Michael "Furserious" Adler

Enjoying the beautiful (random) weather

Editing class break gathering
"how high do your tights go?"
"huh?" (pic 1)
"how high do your tights go?"
"this high!" (pic 2)
In Art History, my professor shared with us work by Francesca Woodman. Just a brief look at her stuff really moved me and I've been looking at her work since. Here is a link to her bio and one of her photographs. 





No comments:

Post a Comment