Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

It's Springtime! That pretty much means topless film & drama boys playing volleyball and frisbee. Girls in bathing suits sun bathing on the hill, and a lack in energy and will to go to class. Tuesday is Editing and Sound from 1:30-6pm. The peak of the day and it always seems to be the most beautiful days.

Work Study with Bobby 
I got up in the lift and went all the way to the top of Stage 6. The biggest Sound Stage in the film school. It was the most exhilarating feeling I felt in a while! (aside from the various almost car accidents recently).

That's me in the air!


This is what I want my summer to look like. 

Some film boys on the hill


Volley-boys
Section 2: Spoons
This weekend some friend's of ours, Fanny & Pablo renewed their vows after being married for 10 years. They were so cute and giddy you'd think they just started dating. Brandon and I met 10 years ago this summer. And This is also my 10 year high school reunion year. AGH! Life goes by so fast it's scary. I don't want to miss any of it. I'm grateful I'll get to look back on this blog in the future to see what college take:2 was like. I wish I'd done this sooner.
Seeing how fast life goes by makes the time I spend on the internet feel silly. Life is what is happening around me, with the people I look at and get to touch (not in a dirty way). And if my nose is stuck in my phone the whole time, I'm going to miss it. I've had many friends "disconnect" or "unplug" from the social networking world for a bit for a break. What is your secret?! I know it's just something to do. But when you've been doing it for so long, (like smoking) what's the secret to stopping. There's nothing more rude than trying to have a conversation with someone and they are busy texting. Honestly, I may be guilty of it. I also would rather post something worth saying than just nonsense, and that is just a personal opinion/desire. This is nothing on anyone's else's posts. But I do "unfollow" people who just post very bitter/debbie downer things. It's not good for the soul. :)
Swag: Brandon @ Pablo's wedding
One of the most beautiful things about my friends, that we can sit in computer chairs in Office Depot and chit chat. That we can lay on a hill next to the road for hours after acting in a 5 minute and just release the negative vibes. That we can blare the most ridiculous songs in my car, roll the windows down, and scare the living daylights out of innocent passerby's.
Yeah, we hang at Office Depot. What of it?
A few movies I've seen recently:

Mommy Dearest  (1981)
Goodbye Uncle Tom (1971)
Pink Flamingoes (1972)
Bad Teacher (2011)
Run Lola Run (1998)
The Outsiders (1983)
Friday night the Supervising Sound Editor for Drive (2011), Lon Bender, was a guest artist. We screened the film and chatted with Lon about some choices in editing and sound. Drive was the first film I saw off campus when I started school last Fall so I hold it near and dear to my heart. It is a brilliantly sexy and exciting movie. (If you haven't seen it). 




For your viewing pleasure: Me and my bro, Chris, tipsinging to the opening number of In The Heights:



No comments:

Post a Comment