Friday, April 20, 2012

One Hour Photo (2002)

The last few weeks have been filled with trying to fill spare time with spontaneous things. Starting with a trip to Greensboro to visit Austin's parent. On a whim, we jumped in the car, started driving to some good tunes. Spotted a Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man and had to pull over to join him. Take a look:




Then continued our journey to Gboro. Took a walk and took some photos, chatted about movies, life and love. Then had a wonderful dinner to follow with a 100 year anniversary viewing of Titanic (1997) on VHS with coffee and chocolate cake.

Spontaneous trip to Gboro. 
Playing with my camera. 
Below is a photo of SECCA, Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art. http://secca.org/ We took a short field trip to the museum to see a film noir themed exhibit by Tracey Snelling http://traceysnelling.com/home.html.  It was a lot of fun to do something different. To find a little inspiration besides the internal walls of UNCSA.



Another great resource Winston Salem has for art lovers is the Reynolda House http://www.reynoldahouse.org/ We've been a couple of times this year for Art History and it is beautiful. Below are some photos Austin and I took on a trip there:

In a magnolia tree

In the gazebo


Reynolda House


It's about that time... Resume season. It's such a fulfilling little task. Creating little papers that list your accomplishments. It wasn't until I made my UNCSA film resume that I realized how much I have worked this year.


I also updated my theatre resume for the hell of it, which brought back some great memories. My professional resume is looking really beefy. But the one that is giving the most problems is my film resume!
This Friday is my portfolio review with all of my art professors. The reviews have been going on all week and everyone says there's nothing to worry about.

Movies I've seen recently: The Wrestler (2008) (finally) I really enjoyed it, mostly for the performances. What a great job by Mickey, Marisa and even Evan.

Required screenings have ceased for American cinema, so I'm left to watch movies I want to see. :) Feels good. Tonight's screening: Take Shelter (2011) Which is Directed & Written by Jeff Nichols who is an alumni of UNCSA! :)


His newest movie, Mud (2013), is one of the leading films at the Cannes Film Festival this year, also written and directed by Nichols! http://www.austin360.com/movies/austins-nichols-to-take-mud-to-main-cannes-2314789.html


Working tech ops has it's perks, like getting a private, hands on lesson on the Arri Alexa Camera. A $90,000 camera! Puts my little DSLR to shame. It took approximately 30 minutes to get completely set up on it's sticks and spreader..... AND grip head with the EVF and Matbox.. and yada yada yada. I don't mean "yada" with disrespect, it's more like "Whoa, that's a lot to remember."




After today I only have 1 week of academics left. The classes are starting to become a little more casual. In Psychology we are learning about Change Blindness: Watch this video


How many changes did you notice? I think I noticed 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment