Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fort (2012)

This is Student film screening week. Mon-Wed are first years, Thur-Fri are second years, Sat are third years, then 4th years go on Sunday. It has been such a great experience watching the student films. These are films I have worked on, my friends have worked on and I've seen go into production. Something I once considered impossible to do.

The order of the films were by section first then pretty much the order they were shot within the sections. Once our film was shot, we had until April to edit them. In our editing class we screened our rough cut and got feed back to improve it, so I was able to see a handful of the five minutes. I'm so proud of this first year class. There were so many very creative stories and once I get permission and a copy or link I will add them here.

Section Three Tripods

Let me take a moment to express how unbelievably proud I am of my section, Section Three Tripods!

Jake Kath
Camilo Herrera
Kazmo Kida
Josh Mayo
Jenny Gray
Joseph Hefner
DR Monroe
Michelle Shiraziefard
Ben Guilbault
Tyler Harmon-Townsen
Mike Kern
Wil Massenguill
Rachael Hall
Harry Keenan
Carol Housel Kenney
Alex Hughes
Harrison Keller

Now that I've had my official screening of Fort (2012), I've decided to upload it and make it live for your viewing pleasure. 
<This is not a disclaimer, but I want to say that after seeing it on the big screen I've noticed a few things I need to fix (mainly in the audio) but I need to take a small break from this film and gain some perspective on it.>





This weekend was also BEAUX ARTS! Where we all pretty much just celebrate being down with the year. Each school had their own performances [Film had their screenings, Dance had performances as well as the music school, and drama had a couple of stage combat shows. Saturday night was a dance at the millennium center then Sunday was a carnival on the hill with food, music, and volleyball. High of 80 was the prettiest day I've seen in a wile. 
Dancing the nigh away

on our way out

hush that fuss.

Carnival




The following are a couple of passages from literature I've come across that I felt were worth putting in here.


"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?" Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice



Thomas De Quincey, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater “All men come into this world alone and leave it alone.” This is true in a very literal sense. We also take others with us when we die. Because the only knowledge that we have of another person is contained in our heads as a mental representation of that individual, is a sense our own death will steal their lives away too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment