Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Anniversary Party (2001)



Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. A year ago I wrote my first entry to a blog I didn't think anyone would care to read. Since that post I've received some really good feedback and some great advice and it's become something I really care about. 



I really look forward to blogging, sometimes when I'm really stressed I put those feelings aside, write, and everything is better. If I can't find anything that interests me to blog about, I just wait until I do. It's become a journal for me. And at times, like during finals, it's a studyguide. 





Am I excited for school to start? I can't really tell. I'm excited to know what a normal week will look like in my planner. I'm anxious to see how I'm going to balance 2 jobs, being a full-time student, and meeting the crewing requirements. (36 hours in the Fall, 24 in the Spring) Directing students were assigned homework over the summer. Have I completed them? Ask me in about 2 days. :)

Do you remember my nervous blogging about a Safety Exam a year ago? Yeah, well that exam is this Saturday. Remember my poor luck where that exam was concerned? I really hope that doesn't happen again. I'm over prepared this time. 

Films I've recently seen: 
In my desperate attempt to find something to watch on Netflix the other night I came across Mary & Max (2009) an Australian clay-animated black comedy-drama film. This was exactly what I didn't know I was looking for. Refreshing and different, I was very much satisfied. So much so that I considered watching it again!


 


I feel a kindredness to Mary, simple things like eating Spam sandwhiches and wishing she could peel her birth mark off like a band aid. It doesn't make sense, I know.  

I went hiking up Hanging Rock recently to ease nerves. Hiking serves as a cheap and painful therapy. It's like living a metaphor. Once I got to the top and recovered from the chest pains, I was able to appreciate the breathtaking scenery of Danbury, North Carolina. 


I wish I made more time for physical activities like hiking and my other hobbies. Summer went by so fast and I filled my days with many random things, but I have to say, being outdoors wasn't one of them. 






This milestone means that summer is officially over for me. Tomorrow is the first meeting for school followed by registrations and advisement. Let's make the best of it! 

Second year, I'm ready for you! So bring it!!







The Anniversary Party (2001) Written, Directed by and starring Alan Cumming and Jennifer Jason Leigh



PS! Check out my bffs new blog!! I promise things will escalate quickly!


No comments:

Post a Comment