Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bedtime Stories (2008)


Pinhead
I really enjoy Thursday's World Cinema, it's a class on History, Film AND I get to see the entire second class! I don't realize how much I miss them until I'm in the class. All the familiar faces in a school of very new [first year] faces. The class is from 7-11pm and I sit in the front row so I don't distract myself. I have to turn around and break my neck to see everyone, but it's so worth it!
The theater we are in for Visual Storytelling and World Cinema is a lot smaller than the 'Main Theatre' we were in for American Cinema last year. The screens is smaller too. "/
I miss it.


Hanging out in World Cinema

Running out during a monsoon

I fall in love with my Creative Writing class more and more every Tuesday and Thursday. There are some very charming and funny people in there with some very entertaining stories. And that's pretty much all we do in that class. Tell stories and read essays we've written. 

The professor is full of these great pieces of advice and very inspiring quotes. [And we all know how much I love quotes.]

In producing we are practicing pitches and talking about pitching and a lot of other interesting and hilarious things. (Thanks to one mister Bob Goth). Last week I pitched with my  

"Christene Hurley, 28, takes criticism well." Is what I'm aiming for. 

Over the weekend the Directing students went to UNCG for a casting call.  Most of the drama students came out in pairs and acted out a scene. The purpose of this audition was for us to find actors for our projects throughout the year and to see what a casting call can be like...
Ruthless. 




What is this mysterious yellow fungus that appears in my front yard every other day? Google calls it something like dog vomit fungus. 


The first film I'm crewing on is Old Dogs which shoots in a couple of weeks. I'm a 2nd 2nd AD so my job will be mostly on set working under one mister Jeremiah Cullen. We're having our first pre production meeting this week (I'm making cupcakes for it!)
In the mean time I'm in pre production working for construction in the Art Department for U-666. We are building a submarine. I felt so accomplished after my first full day of building because I used equipment that could have easily ended my life. It was exhilarating but 5:00 couldn't have come sooner.    Once I was excused I sneezed sawdust for hours and inspected my newly acquired bruises. 




The skeleton of the u-boat

Visual Storytelling is becoming a class of some really awesome shorts:


Split screen: A Love Story






Gulp' is a short film created by Sumo Science at Aardman, depicting a fisherman going about his daily catch. Shot on location at Pendine Beach in South Wales, every frame of this stop-motion animation was shot using a Nokia N8, with its 12 megapixel camera and Carl Zeiss optics. The film has broken a world record for the 'largest stop-motion animation set', with the largest scene stretching over 11,000 square feet. 








A cool short on one point perspective. All Kubrick films






3 guys, 44 days, 11 countries, 18 flights, 38 thousand miles, an exploding volcano, 2 cameras and almost a terabyte of footage... all to turn 3 ambitious linear concepts based on movement, learning and food ....into 3 beautiful and hopefully compelling short films.....
= a trip of a lifetime.
move, eat, learn




Tarantino Shot "from below"





Surface: A Film from underneath




Le Miroir
Le Miroir tells the story of a man - in the sense of the human being - which passes from childhood to the status of "old man", the time to freshen up.




No comments:

Post a Comment