Sunday, August 17, 2014

Julie & Julia (2009)

Aug 17th, 2011
http://christenes-dailies.blogspot.com/2011/08/whats-eating-gilbert-grape-1993.html

3 years ago I ate at the Caf for the first time. I don't think it's open yet, but I hear it's been remodeled over the summer so I can't wait to see it.

Aug 17th, 2014

In honor of my Caf-eversary I've decided to cook a very southern meal (with a twist).

Apple Bourbon BBQ with sweet peppers and brown sugar pulled pork, Garlic Asiago Baked Spiralized Fries and Homemade Coleslaw:


I added a 2 1/2 lb boneless pork shoulder to the Campbells Slow Cooker sauce and instead of using a slow cooker (since I don't have a 6 Quart slow cooker) I used a cast iron dutch oven. 


250° and 8 hours later my pork was done. ( I should have pulled it out at 190°, but I waited too long. It was still very tender.) 


Thanks to a cooking class at Williams Sonoma, I've recently been obsessed with my spiralizer. It turns most vegetables into pasta and ribbons. 


Tonight I used the spiralizer to make Garlic Asiago Baked Spiralized Fries. The only thing I changed was not using a sweet potato and using Rosemary from my roommate's garden. 



 At the farmer's market yesterday I was convinced to buy a kohlrabi. I had no clue what to make with it, but the farmer was just so convincing. I decided to attempt homemade Coleslaw. And what a success!


Everything was great!! I accompanied my meal with a beer I first tried in France, Leffe, sold at Harris Teeter! 



As they say in Puerto Rico, BUEN PROVECHO!

If you're happy with your weight, screw what people think!

No comments:

Post a Comment