Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)


Today was much better than yesterday. Granted, I didn't wake up alone. These situations really test your strength. I consider myself an optimist and someone who doesn't give up. But boy was I close to jumping in my car and driving 3 hours [home] yesterday. 

I had a nutrition meeting this morning at the butt-crack of dawn. What I learned: Carbs are your friend. You can (and probably will) die of meningitis. Therapists are free here (YAY!). Skipping meals won't make you lose weight (lies.) All in all, I'm pretty pumped about the opportunities here with the resources and fitness center. 

I ate at the caf for the first time and really liked it. There's a whole vegetarian buffet. (I'm no longer a vegetarian, but I do still like eating like one from time to time). I ate nothing but carbs after the nutrition orientation but I didn't know napkins qualify in the 'plate chart'. 


And he calls himself a nutritionist... FYI for those of you that didn't know, the food guide pyramid has become a plate! For more info visit: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/  

So I pimped my back windshield ( The two apples are me and B, when we have new additions we'll add little apples) 


And not to mention... but I guess I'm mentioning it... Bran fixed my headlight! (That sounds dirty :)


 SO I bet you're wondering when we are going to start chatting about film. Well, I don't actually start classes until next Tuesday with the first class being Fundamentals of Picture Editing followed with Fundamentals of Production Design & Animation. So the educated chats won't come until then, but in the mean time. I can tell you about my favorite movies. Something I'm learning you can use to tell a lot about a person. 

This is a very hard question and will probably change weekly with my American Cinema class. But as of right now. My favorite movie is Four Rooms (1995) Written and Directed by Allison Anders ( The Missing Ingredient), Alexandre Rockwell (The wrong Man), Robert Rodriguez (The Misbehavers) and Quentin Tarantino (The Man from Hollywood). The movie is broken up into 4 chapters, hence the title. All taking place in one night at a hotel on New Years Eve. Watch the trailer below and notice some very popular actors...


So, my partner in crime leaves me tomorrow and I don't know what to do with myself. I can't imagine my videos being anywhere near as entertaining.....you'll see why in the video below. Have a wonderful night. 



1 comment: