Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Greedy (1994)

REFUND CHECK DAY!!!

Today was not a bad day. I had academics in the morning and discussed a lot. Then studied in my little corner office. Went to Art History for a FUN class! Had lunch with some of my fav ppl here. Went to Editing (where I got my refund check). Watched some Melies (my kind of guy!), had dinner (again with great people.) Then had time to paint my nails hot pink and drive to Design/Production. Happy Tuesday to you!

To get a little serious with you, although I'm grateful for this check I want to say, for the record. I.Hate.Money. I hate what money makes people do. I hate relying on it so much, I hate owing it. (I never borrow it, unless from a bank) But I hate borrowing it. I just hate it. I'd be a farmer if it meant I could pay for things with corn or cotton. Granted I wouldn't have time to do anything else... But I'd still attempt it. Speaking of which...

Movies: (Isn't that why we are here?) I just finished Manderlay (2005) by Lars von Trier. And really enjoyed it. My friend Harry will argue it was more disturbing than Dogville (2003), but I beg to differ. Watch Dogville first if you are interested. (Both on Netflix) Tomorrow Dancer in The Dark (2000) arrives which is Harry's 2nd fav Trier film so I'm going to try it. It stars Bjork. :) And most students (including myself) are waiting for the release of Melancholia (2011) which is Trier's most recent starring Kirsten Dunst. 
This weekend I am screening City of Lost Children (1995)

________________________________________________________________________

Just a few movie facts about me:

When I was 9 or 10 I saw Mel Brook's Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993) and it instantly became my favorite movie for a really long time. It was the kind of VHS I could watch over and over again.

A Little Princess (1995) was released on my 11th birthday and after seeing that, I swore I would live in India because I thought the men were blue and that it looked like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

Michael Berz' Snow White (1987) was/is my favorite adaptation of Snow White. The 7 dwarfs are named: Iddy, Biddy, Kiddy, Diddy, Fiddy, Giddy, and Liddy. I would stand on my coffee table with a blanket around my shoulders as a cape and sing all of the songs.

I memorized all of the lines in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective When Nature Calls (1995)

________________________________________________________________________

Assignment in Art History today: with clay, make something that you feel protects you or represents you. I made Brandon's hand. I think it can protect me from anything. 



Side note: Can someone please tell Mr. Postman, once he delivers' the Marvelettes their letter (the sooner the better) he can deliver my last 2 text books? That'd be great. 

This is me in Production Design & Animation showing off my pickle band aid. (My gift from Brandon for going to school here! (along with tuition))



In my video blog you'll see me do magic in honor of:
French filmmaker Georges Méliès (1861–1938) was in the words of Jim Gilchrist of the Scotsman , "one of the great pioneers of the cinema." The special effects and onscreen magic of movies made more than a century after his heyday still reflect the impact of his innovations and his imagination.


Anybody reading this, I want you to know that doing something you wouldn't normally do is scary as sh_t. Taking a leap to do something you've always wanted to do will seem impossible. But you never know if you can if you don't try. Failing is better than never even attempting. And if you do fail, it's ok. There's always that second dream that will be just as good. Btw, in case film doesn't work out, I'm seriously overcoming my fear of clowns and finding Robert Pattinson and joining the circus with him. He's not really my choice of life partner.... but I doubt Brandon will like the idea of the circus. 

TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment