Saturday, August 27, 2011

Smurfs (2011)



Let me start off by saying that i.love.jen.petrini. Jen practically saved my life when I moved to CA in 2008. I applied to volunteer for the San Diego Film Festival and didn't know a soul. I was terrified and lonely and as fate would have it, Jen and I were scheduled for the same shift in Guest Services. Quickly becoming rock start volunteers we found ourselves in staff and filmmaker only parties, and just chumming it up with the best of them. Fast forward a year and there we are again. My favorite memories of CA and one of my loveliest and truest friends.

"Woe to the Solitary Person"

For those of you living in or near San Diego; check out http://www.sdff.org/  It's the best blend of independent film, beautiful weather, beautiful and talented people, and parties!!


HAPPY 9 YEAR ANNIVERSARY BABY!!!!!

9 years ago today Brandon asked me to "go out" with him, and I said YES!



So I ventured off campus today for the first time to get a few supplies ( tools!!) with my new Winston-Salem tour guide: 
Tools are expensive!! And I didn't even get the expensive screw driver machine thingy. 




Smurfs Screening:


I was very excited excited, mainly because I am very proud of Dean Kerner for his involvement in Smurfs. Now, it's not my type of movie but if I had kids, I would be at opening night because it was a great kids movie! We watched it with another school (elementary) and the energy in the theatre was amazing. These little guys were so excited which made me very excited. I'm not going to rip apart the movie, because if it's not your type of movie, just don't watch it. And since I was required to go, I kept an open mind. All in all, take your kids!! Tell them about your experiences watching the cartoons and tell them the history of Peyo and how he's a legend in Belgium. They have signed on for part 2 and 3, so look out for it! :)


My own real life surf!!!! 


and smurf hybrid. 

I decided tonight was the night I'd get out there and find a party. I had a great night and met great people! It was the typical college house party, such interesting people!

Saturday was a very chill and relax day. Had one workshop with the Smurf creators and then the screening of A Clockwork Orange. Stanley Kubrick is such an interesting filmmaker. It's such a fun thought that the same man who directed Eye's Wide shut in the 90s also directed films of the early 50s. I'm inspired to have a Kubrick marathon where I will finally see Space Oddyssey. Okay ladies & gents, sending you love and kisses. Until tomorrow!! 






1 comment: