Sunday, August 21, 2011

Any Given Sunday (1999)


Happy Sunday Brunches, churches, calling momma, and cleaning!! Woke up to a very sweet email today saying stuff too mushy to post here. (I'll give you a hint, the words 'beautiful', 'amazing', and 'moist' were used.) 

I started a little job today that I need to get done before classes start. Kids summer camp from CFRT. They did Into The Woods this summer and it was SO CUTE!! Don't' miss your chance to celebrate their 50th anniversary this year. In Fayetteville, NC.  www.cfrt.org

I never gave the idea of bottled water much thought other than it's clean water to drink. But after this documentary, I'm a little annoyed. Tapped (2009) http://www.tappedthemovie.com/  It's on Netflix instant watch for those who have it. And It will just bring a little prospective on something that's a part of our daily lives. But for the people who live in Fryeburg, Maine it's a daily nightmare. 
Surface water (oceans, ponds and rivers) are held as public trust. Ground water falls under a different set of rules depending on the state. 75% of the Earth's surface is water, 1% is drinkable. 
Maine operates under absolute dominion [He who has the biggest pump gets to take the most water]. The people of Fryeburg feel duped and taken advantage of because their fresh water supply is getting drained daily by Nestle. Nestle did their extensive research and have a permit, but never notified the town about their plans. 

That is why I drink...


Voss Norwegian Water (2001). "Founded in 2008 with support from Voss, the Voss Foundation is dedicated to providing access to pure, clean drinking water to sub-Saharan African communities. The Voss Foundation’s primary targets are women and children with special focus on adolescent girls." 
I'll be honest, I didn't know any of this before I started drinking it. I just liked the bottle. Which by the way was designed by the creative director of Calvin Klein. So what. I'm a sucker for good advertisement. 

OOH!! I get to have to work crew for upper classmen films. And I found this cool website with their scripts. It's like shopping!! http://faculty.uncsa.edu/film/prod_post/Production/fa11_yr4.html  I hope I'm allowed to post that. I don't see why I wouldn't be able to. But just in case, tell me to pull it down if I have to! Anywhoslebeez, I have to work 36 hours a semester but I get to pick which films (I think), but not exactly what I get to do. Because I'm the coffee fetcher/toilet scrubber/snot wiper my first year. YAY!! I can't WAIT!!!!! :D



So today's spotlight goes to my campus tour bud, David Zaldivar. First year drama, from Miami, FL. Of Cuban and Nicaraguan decent. David, you should know that underneath that actor is a filmmaker. I have a plethora of films to watch now because of our encounter. Thanks. 

Technically classes start tomorrow but since I'm such a badass I get to sleep in, pick up some packages, and meet my film advisor. Once my classes start on Tuesday..I'll be making this hike twice a day/twice a week. "/


Pass that building on the left, cross the street, walk up a hill and into the academics building. FML! I better have buns of IRON by Christmas.

I saw three films today. Tapped (2009) the documentary. Antichrist (2009) Director Lars von Trier. By far the most disturbing film I have ever watched but in one day was recommended by two separate people. I still have not formed my opinion of it because I am still recovering. This film is NOT for the faint of heart. Mom, please don't see this film (not that you ever would based on the title alone, but in case you thought this was a more informative film). 

Then tonight I saw The Red Violin (1998).  This was screened for the first year students that are taking a composition class, but I thought "Hey, what else is there to do on a Sunday night for this film student?" Director Francois Gerard. One thing I absolutely loved about this film is that it's told in 'frame story' where an introductory main story is told followed by a series of short stories, each of which telling a story within a story. Make sense? Yeah, I didn't think so. But see Four Rooms (1995) as an example, or How to Make an American Quilt (1995), or The Joy Luck Club (1993). One of my favorite styles of film! Anywho here's the link for the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhqgV4flGdE  OOH! And I just found out it's based on a true story! (Thanks, Brian)

btw. Meet Brian Sloyer. 

Also first year film, cinematographer. Introduced me to parkour, (or pk) is a method to overcome obstacles with speed, efficiency, and agility. Originally developed in France, the main purpose of the discipline is to teach participants how to adapt their movements to their environment by vaulting, rolling, running, climbing and jumping."

Pretty damn cool, right?






1 comment: