Tuesday, August 16, 2011

One Fine Day (1996)



Today was day one and what a fine day it was. Like most of my 'special occasion days' where Murphy's Law plays a major role, today was no different. The 5 am morning wake up was followed by loading the last bit of stuff into each cars, making triple shot lattes, and using the potty. 15 seconds into our 3 hour road trip we realize my headlight is out. Not to mention that Brandon's (hubby of 5 years) registration and inspection have expired and he has lost his wallet with his driver's license. Needless to say, we continued on our journey where I was accompanied by most of my bffs, Ke$ha, Brit, Ingrid & Frou x2. It surely made the time go by a lot faster.


Anxious, nervous, a little depressed, and a little over whelmed. We pull into the campus with big block letters spelling UNCSA. Balloons, streamers and signs welcoming all students can't seem to pull me out of my funk. We park and walk to the film lot. I am relieved when I am told I have no holds on my account. cause, "Daddy paid da bill." I am seeing familiar faces, but nothing is comforting me except the sweaty hand holding mine...maybe it was my hand that was sweaty. Driving to my apartment was when I finally let it out and cried. Did I make a terrible mistake? Am I going to be able to do this? Is it too late to turn back? Brandon had nothing but kind supportive words to offer. But the tears just kept rolling well into unloading the cars and hiking that shit 3 floors high...


"Grin and bare it." "There is always as silver lining." "I can do all things through"... blah blah blah 

:D I finally get to my film orientation where I meet the heads of each department. I'm finally reminded why I am here. But lord knows it would be easier with Brandon beside me. But we are not looking for easier are we? For today at least I will think of today and tomorrow I will think of tomorrow. So...until tomorrow!




4 comments:

  1. Of all the people I know, you are definitely on the list of people that can accomplish anything. You have always been determined, passionate, hardworking, and ALWAYS find the fun in anything. Time will fly and before you know it you will have done it. Until then ... can't wait to read all the interesting stories :) When you are done you can make a movie about it. Love you kiddo! Almost famous ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much Christene! I am so freakin proud of you and I'm excited to follow you on this blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amalia, you always have the most supportive words for me. I really appreciate it. You have seen me through my worse and still think I am so strong. I love you and I can't wait to share my journey with you. (old lady on a walker) I'm out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL old lady on a walker NEVER gets old baby, never.

    ReplyDelete