Sunday, August 28, 2011

Grown Ups (2010)

If I'm not living with Brandon, I'm living with mom in Fayetteville and very rarely am I ever alone. I find myself alone a lot here. (People will disagree because I've already been given a very socialite reputation) It's really only when I walk from my apartment or when I get to where I need to be 1/2 hour early. It gives me time to think about a lot of things. And today I really thought about what I'm doing here. For a second I felt lost because realistically, the film industry is not easy. But I'v said it before. I'm not looking for easy. And more specifically I mean what do I really want to do. Being my first year (and first week at that) I don't actually have to choose, but I wish I could say, with conviction, that I know exactly what I want. I can say that I want to be a filmmaker. That's enough for now. :)


The being alone thing is good for me because I need to start really thinking about elaborating on all these stories in my head. I have the opportunity and resources to make them come to life. First year assignment is a 5 min film. There are a few rules like it has to be filmed on campus and no complete nudity. I can handle that. 


Brandon sent me a sweet pic!!





He's so cray cray. I should be able to Skype him soon. Isn't that face just sweet?

Here's one of the last pics I took of my puppy, Peanut. He was under my bed and when I called his name he popped his head just under my head board. 


Agh!! I love him so much!!!

So! There are some FANTASTIC movies on Netflix instant watch and that has become my bff.  I am currently finishing up Eyes Wide Shut (continuing my Kubrick marathon) Then I'll pit stop in von Trier land and watch Manderlay which is suppose to be the sequel to a movie I really like, Dogville. But I can't find anywhere that officially says that. Just my bud, Harry, who's pretty brilliant. (But don't tell him I said that, I doubt he reads my blog). 



I have to say, this is such a sight to me. My first time on campus was summer of 2008 when I came to see my dearies, Molly & Adam in some summer drama camp thing and I came by the film village and never thought I could ever be a student here. At that time I really thought that my life was my life and it wouldn't change. A few months later I move to CA and that's all she wrote.... so far. 




No comments:

Post a Comment