Saturday, August 20, 2011

August Rush (2007)


The time has come (the walrus said) to say goodbye for 45 days. 

Saying goodbye always feels too short and too long. We found ourselves just standing face to face without saying anything, not even really engaging in the conversations around us. Even when he walked away I kept a hand on him. WHAT IS THAT!? 
We already said everything we always say... "l'll email everyday" "I miss you already" "Don't forget to pay the bills." "Lub lub lub lub lub" (From Bruce Almighty)








Timing couldn't be more perfect. I need to get crackalackin on school. 


I left the pier, got in my car. Forced myself not to cry (because it won't change anything).  And drove 3 hours to school listening to the entire In the Heights album. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdVN1CPU-84  Don't even get me started!!

So. I brought another car load of stuff back with me (TV, DVD player, iron board, broom, cork board, and a few other things) Did I mention I lived on the third floor? Yeah. My first trip wasn't so bad with B's help. We passed each other in between loads and just glared at each other through  the sweat. Once we were done bringing it all up we chugged an entire bottle of water and showered. Yeah..that's not as much fun alone.

I took some time today to start on a few homework assignments.


What is cinematography? various resources say the same thing-  the art or technique (or science) of motion-picture photography. Or making motion-pictures. Related to the art of still photography.

I think it's fair to say that most people are interested in the actors and plot when going into a movie, but come out appreciating the cinematography. For people who've never been outside of the US, how else can they see Paris or the bottom of the Dead sea? It's in a photograph or a film. So the cinematographer is very important in the film process. Elaborate on that, and there's my first assignment for Cinematography class. :) For directing I need to write a one page story. On anything. So I've been thinking of a few ideas. Actually I already wrote a story, but I hate it now. (A feeling I better get use to). 



I had dinner with a few D&P boys, very funny. Then bumped into a dear friend. Caught up a little and went on my journey to my first Film School Screening....






....














...






...








Wait for it...








THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS!!!!!!


Pretty Epic, right? Eh. A little. Last of The Mohicans (1992) Director- Michael Mann Based the film NOT on the original 1826 novel by James Fenimore Cooper but rather based on the 1936 screenplay by Philip Dunne. Mann didn't even read the novel stating that the 1936 screenplay was just perfect. 
It was filmed on the Biltmore property. (the woods, obviously)




Shout outs to Brandon Whited, Tammy, Justin and Lindsay for keeping me company on my journey back to school!! Love you guys way too much!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment