Thursday, August 18, 2011

Meet The Fockers (2004)

Hello! So the time has come to fly solo. With a million things to do in our apartment in Wilmington, Brandon had to leave. He packed my bag and made me a latte and sent me out the door like it was my first day of kindergarten. 


Looking forward to meeting the entire body of the film school, I walked across campus fighting back tears. (Yeah, so I cry a lot. What of it?) I swiped my One card and entered the Main Theatre and felt really good. I've gradually started meeting people on my own.. but of course they ask me about Brandon. Which I don't mind at all. This meeting was another introduction of the faculty, staff and SGA. It's impressive hearing all the accomplishments that come out of this school. 

Meet the Dean of the Film school: http://www.uncsa.edu/filmmaking/dean.htm


Jordan Kerner shared a passage from an article he read that really spoke to me. It was simply about thinking. Read this and tell me what you think. 

Next week we are attending a screening of the movie The Smurfs (2011), mainly because most 3rd and 4th year students shadowed the movie during pre/post production last year. And our Dean, Kerner worked as one of the producers on the film. 

After this meeting we attended a curriculum overview where the professors broke down exactly what we will be doing this year. I'm still most excited about American Cinema. A four hour class once a week where we will watch films with the entire Year 1 students. This semester we are focusing mainly on The Silent Film Era (1894-1929). Then next semester we will go into the Golden Years... which may be my fav. In Editing class we are also studying (and editing) silent films. In my directing class we already have an assignment to write a page scene. That is it. That is the assignment. It is MUCH harder than you think... 

I have a confession:



goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment