Thursday, September 1, 2011

Girl, Interrupted (1999)

Bless friends. Not everyday is going to be sunshine and rainbows and boy am I grateful for people like Carol Housel-Kenney.  Carol gets what it's like to be away from the Mister and to be identified as a non-traditional student. Which to be honest, makes no difference to anyone here, thankfully. Everyone in the film school is pretty much here for the same reason. But i'll be honest, I'm getting tired of talking about movies all day, EVERYDAY. I know I want it to be my career but I'd really like to get to know some more of these students beside which directors are the best and which suck.

Sometimes on my free time I hang with some awesome people on whats called the "elephants." Below is my friend, Mark on the tallest elephant. Parkour!!!



The main use of the elephants is a socializing of the smokers (mainly filmmakers). It's really hard not to, but I'm sticking to it. And I force myself to walk in front of the mural below to remind me of why I quit in the first place. I have to replace those moments I really want to smoke (like today) with something productive... like PARKOUR!!! (Refer to my Any Given Sunday (1999) blog for an explanation and demonstration).



Below is a pic in Directing class with Camilo & Harry. We start shooting next week hopefully and I can't wait. Our first assignment is only a 20 sec video. Seriously? That's enough time to sneeze. Ooh. A video of someone sneezing! Unfortunately directing is my least fav class and I wanted it to be my fav, but it's only week 2.




Tomorrow is homework Friday so I can enjoy my weekend! And hopefully some of us are taking a little field trip to see a current movie. (Even though I practically live in a theatre). 

Sunday's screening is City of Lost Children (1995). Isn't that a weird and interesting poster?! Then Monday is Labor Day!! And I [hopefully] get to Skype my funny bear! PS. they just sprung on us that we are taking our safety handbook exam Tuesday at 9pm, where we thought we had an entire week left to study!! This is decide if we get to start crewing films. "/

OOH! Then yoga starts next week Thursday!! I can't wait, I haven't done yoga since Fayetteville and my bones are brittle!! Then on Friday....da da da dum!! Our first cinematography class!!! Followed by three required screenings. Let's just leave it there and focus on one day at a time. 

I was so flattered today in my Self, Society & Cosmos class, we split into groups and funny enough my group consisted of a drama, visual art, dancer and me (film). But all of them thought I was a dancer!! One guy said I was tiny. LMAO! but thank you. 

I was approved by Dolores Watson to work with her this semester for Federal Work Study! I get to help with student interviews for incoming freshman!!! Woo Hoo!!

AND!!! MY CAR WAS PAID OFF TODAY! MY BEAUTIFUL SUZUKI FORENZA!!!! 

okie domes my friends, have an amazing night. I'll post a video mañana hopefully. If I can catch something interesting. xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. It's always hardest in the beginning! Send you lots of love :)

    ReplyDelete