Monday, September 19, 2011

Scenes From A Marriage (1973)

Let's see, movies I've recently watched? Ooh! Ingmar Bergman's Scenes From A Marriage (1973). This is the first Ingmar Bergman film I've seen (that I know of) *gasps and sneers from film students* I know, I know! I've overwhelmed my Netflix Queue with more. The movie is in Swedish which I LOVE! I should know Swedish by now. After watching Niels Arden Oplev's trilogy of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2009) I was quoting Lisbeth as best as I could.

Well SFAM kind of hit home since the couple has been married for 10 years and Brandon and I are coming up on our 10 year anniversary. I can't remember where I read it, (maybe IMDB) but these series (it was a tv series before it was compiled into a movie) sparked a 50% increase in divorce in Sweden. This movie didn't make me want to leave Bran, it made me want to grab and hug him! And just be grateful that he's such an awesome guy. And thank him for never beating me. :)

I just started Taxi Driver (1976), Robert DeNiro is so young!! The Cinematographer on Taxi Driver is a Professor here, Michael Chapman. This man is a BEAST! He was the DP (Director of Photography) on Michael Jackson's Music Video 'Bad.' Raging Bull (1980); The Lost Boys (1987); Scrooged (1988); Kindergarden Cop (1990); and most recent Bridge to Terabithia (2007). I'm constantly impressed by these professors. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0152469/



Why yes, I am an empath. And Reading about it helps me understand a lot about myself. Why I really do not like the company of negative and pessimistic people. Why I would rather talk about ANYTHING but other people in a negative way. Why I can't relate to those who spend a majority of their time criticizing everyone else and sharing the information they happen to have about them. Some people call it gossip or bad mouthing. I hate that I can't just excuse myself or just tell them to stop. In most cases I'm kind of stuck there out of obligations. I should be more assertive. And just say how I feel, doesn't matter who they are to me. That's one reason Brandon and I get along so well, we just don't care about those kinds of things, and we also don't sit around talking about other people, we talk about ourselves. We're narcissists like that.

Read this article if you think you are an empath or if you don't know what it is....
http://www.drjudithorloff.com/Free-Articles/emotional-empath-EF.htm


MOVIE PROJECT TIME!!!!

In editing we had an assignment to make a stop motion project. It's due tomorrow and I wish I would have added music to this, so I will very soon. In the meantime, enjoy!


Then in directing we were assigned a :30. A process: losing something then finding it. Here is my project: Again, I am not very good at attaching music quite yet. Plus I'm working on creating my own music which is MUCH harder than it sounds. Here is my :30 (Carol & Matt are such great sports!)





I have been trying to upload this video for you. This was a movie some of my buds filmed around 2 am a few weeks ago. Milk (2011) Directed by Jack Bensinger, Written by Harry Rossi & Jake Kath.

1 comment: