Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)


In editing class! (Actually having fun because I'm understanding FCP!) We imported clips of the Ghost Whisperer (don't ask my why) and played around with different editing tools. We have an assignment for next week to make a stop motion film. STOP MOTION! How fun!! Time to bust out the crafts box and get creative. 
HI! Chris, Carol, Jack & Joseph!


In art history we were given the assignment to find a way (with chalk) to explain what we have covered thus far. We decided to make a time line with all of the key works we have covered. That's my bull jumping sketch! Dad would be so proud. 


Then I rushed over to Daniel's Plaza where I got to snuggle and cuddle little puppies!! (Don't tell Peanut.)
I forgot this guy's name but he was sooo sweet! Brandon would have DIED! He would have just died. 

We screened The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) directed by David Fincher in Prod Design. Some of my fav Fincher films: Se7en, Fight Club, & The Social Network. I forget how much I like that movie. Cate Blanchet is so freaking beautiful! There are a lot of themes I love in this movie, the main one being 'backwards'. With the creation of the clock that runs backwards, then there is a hummingbird in a couple of shots (hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards) and then I read something on IMDB that a hurricane spins counter clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere.... 
Since I've been in school I acquired this habit to stay through the credits, mainly as a sign of respect and also to get familiar with the different jobs for the crew. The credits for BB run as a slide show instead of an upward scroll, (something Stanley Kubrick also does) I didn't like that very much. 

In producing class tonight we screened a Swedish film, Show Me Love (1998). I was in the 8th grade, and this movie is about 14 year old girls so I can relate to the time. However this movie is about a coming of age/coming out story. It was really good, I really enjoyed it with the exception of the camera handler cinematographic choices. I have to say, I haven't seen many Swedish films, but the ones I have seen, I have enjoyed. 

Cupcake from dinner, it made me happy. 

I've been pretty tired when I get back to my room so I haven't video blogged but I will soon. :) Now I'm going to start watching Magnolia (1999) directed by Paul Thomas Anderson whose also done: Boogie Nights and There Will Be Blood. It's my bud, Joseph's fav so I'm curious. (like the case of Benjamin Button) Jajajajajajajajjajajajajaj

Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment