Monday, September 12, 2011

Biutiful (2010)

Today I finished editing my :20, starred in Jake's :20 and crewed on Jake B.'s :20; not to mention I finished my 3 page screenplay!  :D All in a day
Although all I seem to do is eat and read, eat and read, oh and watch movies. Don't get me wrong, I love watching them and I gain SO much inspiration, but my butt hurts! And I'm getting numbing sensations where no one should get numbing sensations!! 

In 22 Days my honey bunny will be here! I think he is coming to school first to hang with me then we are going home for my Fall break to smuggle our baby, peanut! Our little family reunited again!! He has so many people to meet! And he can stop worrying about me being anti-social. I think I'm going to drag him to my classes. He can take notes for me!!

After bfast, and trip to wellness, and some studying, I found myself under a dumpster playing a dead body in a short


Then some more food and some more studying (finishing my :20 which you will see below) and helping my bud, Jake with his :20. This time we recruited some drama kids:


Then me and a few film kids hunted down a DVD player to watch Biutiful. I love Javier Bardem, so I send the intention of this blog to him. He definitely deserved a nomination for his role. This character was full of layer after layer.  This movie was so depressing but Alejandro Gonzalez Inaritu did some amazing things with effects and mirror reflections. And I knew watching an Inaritu film that I was in for an emotional ride and that I had to pay attention because he has a rocky relationship with chronology. It is such an interesting movie. Ending biutifully. 

This is Carol Housel-Kenney's first :20 for Directing. This was tons of fun and Matt was a GREAT sport!


Only in film school, and only for these people I love so much would I sit through something as agonizing as The Room (2003). Written by, Directed by, and starring Tommy Wiseau. This is the only person I think I will punch in the face if I ever meet him. Just take a look: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368226/ (And yes, those are plastic spoons in our hands ready to throw at the screen.) 


Oh! And this is Harry with the man I want to punch in the face. 


Tomorrow I hope I have time to run to Daniel's plaza to play with puppies from a shelter, apparently they do this a few times a month and it's at noon but I get out of class at 1. grr... But in Production Design and Animation we are screening Benjamin Button (which I've seen, but really like!) I think I'll bring a blanket and sit on the floor because my hiney can't take 3 more hours in a chair. Do massage therapist massage back sides, or is that something my hubby should do?

I'm giving blood Wed!! yay me for doing something good! Take my blood, I can make more!! (ooh, that reminds me I need to watch the finale for True Blood.) Okay, here you go:

My first assignment for Directing class. A :20 short showing a change in emotion, one shot. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment