Saturday, September 17, 2011

Drive (2011)

Today was our first day on Sound Stage 4 to practice using equipment. We had a quiz to identify all of the equipment and next week is the hands on quiz. I'm slowly getting over failing the safety exam considering I take it again tomorrow. You win some, you lose some. Does that apply here? This is Ben, my hat buddy all around fun guy. 


Below Prof. Elkins is demonstrating how to properly handle the light equipment.  He's such an awesome professor. I'd consider cinematography if I didn't use so many 4-letter words when trying to assemble a 650 W Tweenie II on a Beefy Baby Triple Riser when the barn doors are slamming my fingers. Followed with assembling a flag in a grip head facing the right direction over the c-stand with a sandbag over the correct leg. Lastly, the proper way to coil a stinger. Which is what next week's quiz is on. Whew.

It's actually loads of fun as you will see below.


sereni-tea.


Tonight a bunch of us went to see Drive (2011) directed by up & coming director, Nicolas Winding Refn.  It was such an awesome film!  The whole time I was watching I kept thinking Nicolas knows a secret that we all are not aware of, 90s music is coming back! 
I have seen Ron Pearlman in more movies here in 4 weeks than my whole life. (Not that he's some A-lister).  This is a must see, and if you like Refn's style, watch Bronson (2008) on Netflix instant watch which is also's his. 


You know you're a film student if you clap after any film and stay through the credits. 


I seriously considered stealing this poster...





No comments:

Post a Comment