Sunday, May 6, 2012

Waiting (2005)



Preparations for New York have commenced. The transportation tickets are purchased. You better believe I will be documenting this entire trip to my hearts content. I will not be updating Facebook as frequently, if at all, so I can try to get the most of my trip but as I whine down at night, I'll write my thoughts down to share with you all. 

I'm so excited I could flagellate! 





I'm fortunate that anytime I come back home I have a job. 
I've worked in this restaurant since April of 2003. I walked in the lobby in a ball gown fit for a 3 year old playing princess and left with an interview. It was Brandon's senior prom. The food was great, the atmosphere was romantic and the service was great! So, in short, I get an application then I get a job. 
I worked consistently for 5 years until I moved to CA for a bit. But every time I came back [to perform in West Side Story 2009]  I still had a job. 
The uniforms may change. The faces may change. But the owners are always the same, warm hearted great people. I've made friends and family here that proximity can't even affect. 

Luigis Italian Restaurant




Thanks to my brother and a girlfriend at work I have been introduced to Smash the tv show. It's so wonderful! Full of energy and good feelings! It's the grown up Glee in my opinion and that's not a bad thing. I've only gotten through the Pilot episode so it may be too early to tell how much I do like this show, but so far. I'm hooked. 

My trip to NY is approaching fast. I'm SO excited! I'm waiting to see Avengers (2012) until I get there, I think that would be a good experience. Speaking of Avengers:





Newest movie I saw in a theatre was Cabin in the Woods (2012) and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. More so when I found out it was co-written by Joss Whedon. For those uninformed, Joss Whedon wrote both Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992) film and series (1996-2003). He wrote Angel the Spin off series and Firefly followed with the film, Serenity (2005). He gained a little notoriety for his webisode series Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog (2008). And most recently, which I forget because somehow it's a little hard to believe, he wrote the screenplay for The Avengers (2012)! Which I plan to see very soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment