Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Fourth Kind (2009)

A compilation of the fourth year films produced at The North Carolina School of the Arts. Edited by James McDonough, a 3rd year Editor. 


This is a perfect demonstration of the quality films produced at this school. It makes me SO proud to be a part of them. We are currently shooting this year's fourth year films and so far they look wonderful!

I've been crewing on Old Dogs as a 2nd 2nd. Pretty much I fall pretty low in the totem poll. But it's still a very fun job! I communicate directly with the 1st AD and 2nd AD who directly communicates with the Director and basically every other department.

Showing off the rig on the car

awesome set dressing

Apple Box

Fabulous Chris Ellison

Scary barn on set


Here is a chart to get a better idea of the positions on a film set.


Visual Storytelling is full of some of the coolest videos I've seen. The following video had me laughing through the whole thing!


Roman Polansky is a Director I have found myself seeking out recently. I knew he had an interesting history but I had no idea how interesting it really is. 

Roman Polansky 101Born in Paris, his parents returned to Poland shortly before WW2 broke out and were taken to concentration camps. Polanski survived.
He started out as an actor, then gained international recognition with the films Repulsion(1965) and Cul-de-sac(1966). He came to the US and made Rosemary's baby(1968). In 1969 his wife, Sharon Tate and unborn child, were brutally murdered by followers of Charles Manson. He left the US and did not direct for a few years until 1974 when he made Chinatown which earned him an Oscar.He left the US again on charges of statutory rape. Which he was charged with but escaped prosecution by leaving the US.

I'm trying to be as objective as possible as I write about Polansky because as an artist I really admire his work. But, I can't help but feel influenced personally about aspects of his story. 



No comments:

Post a Comment