Friday, September 27, 2013

GMWS- SPOTLIGHT- O'so Eats

FOOD! I.love.food. I may take more pictures of food when eat out than I do of actual people.
I look forward to eating out when I travel. When I went to France this summer, my budget for dining far exceeded my budget for shopping. I ate some things I had never heard of and some things I wish I didn't try.

Beef Tartar in Cannes, France
I've worked in 2 significant restaurants in my life. The first was Luigi's in Fayetteville. I was there for almost 10 years, ate some incredible food made some amazing friends. Now I'm employed at O'so Eats. Coincidentally they are both Greek owned restaurants, very family style and welcoming.

1/2 Priced wine on Tuesday nights

If you want a new experience, I rarely find people who have even heard of O'so. I'm assuming because it isn't located on Hanes Mall Blvd. But trust me when I say that it is worth the extra 5 minutes down Hanes Mall Blvd.

You're first greeted by one of our lovely hosts and taken to your table. More than likely within a minute your server will greet you and hopefully tell you about our feature if you didn't notice it at the podium. Then is the overwhelming task of deciding on ONE entree. They are all amazing but a few you should look out for are, as Pete mentions, the Chicken Despina-



-and the Scallop Mykonos. It is one of my favorites! Sauteed Sea Scallops in a white wine and garlic sauce with spinach, tomatoes, fresh garlic, olives and broccoli. But the best part is the feta. I swear, feta makes it betta.




O'so is now turning to social media to spread the word. I had the pleasure of creating an instragram for the restaurant, you should follow because sometimes I'M the one posting the photos.

A year ago when I started working at O'sos I posted a blog post about my first few days, if you're interested here is the link.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a very interesting tasty place to get a bite. The one thing I didn't see in the post that might be nice to know for someone who may check it out is the general price range so we know how much to bring.

    ReplyDelete