Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Big Lebowski (1998)



Absurdism- the belief that human beings exist in a purposeless, chaotic universe.

Nihilism- A theory promoting the state of believing in nothing, or of having no allegiances and no purposes.

The Big Lebowski (1998)

You can't know something that's constantly changing. So can you know people? This is the topic in my Philosophy class. The discussions in this class really jolt my brain at 8am. But that question has been lingering in my head all morning. Can you really know someone? Does it even matter if you don't? I feel like a recurring theme in my life is serenity. There are a million things that I can't change, so how do I just accept them? I feel like I know the people closest to me, but their minds constantly change. I still know what they like or hate. But that can change too. So is it even worth figuring out? Do I want someone to know me? Think about it....






I'm reading my Directing book, Total Directing. It's one of my favorite texts so far. But it's one of those classes where you can get away with not reading the assignments so I'm tempted not to. But if I didn't read, I wouldn't learn anything in this class. However, today we are going to one of the studios and shooting a script we read last week. In our groups within our sections we are changing roles every week and today I get to be the camera operator!! :) I may be the only one excited about this assignment. Speaking of directing assignments... 
AUSTIN WITTUHN IS A GENIUS! Austin is my DP for my 3 three minute Directing assignment depicting a conflict between two people. I saw what he's edited so far and it is AMAZING! I can't wait to share it with you! Check out his website:




My next assignment is also 3 minutes. But it is a dream depicting my personal fears or desires. This one will be fun!!I have a couple of drama students I think would be perfect for it. Just waiting for their "yes."



This is a video of a few of us goofing off a little before Producing. 



While I was studying today in between classes, a classroom near me started blaring music. It was this cool whimsical sound that really helped me focus. So of coursed I shazamed it then bought the album. It was Anais Mitchell. I can't stop listening to this song. 



In Art History we are studying architecture and Empires. Specifically Emperor Qin's Dynasty (the first emperor of China and became emperor at age 13) and the Terra-cotta army. I'm completely fascinated in the dedication to build so many statues to protect an Emperor post-mortem. (210-209 bc) Theres about 7,000-12,000 soldiers


This tumulus is said to house Emperor Qin, his wives and untold treasures. But! (get this) The Chinese government refuses to excavate because they don't have the resources to preserve their findings properly. Oh the mystery!! I hope they excavate in my lifetime because I want to know what's really in there, if anything. 





Zombie Girlfriend by SNMNMNM


No comments:

Post a Comment