Thursday, October 20, 2011

Weekend at Bernie's (1989)



It's almost Halloween! I can't wait, and I want to dress up but I don't know what to go as! 

Monday should have been called 3 minute Monday. I started by starring in Kaelie's in the morning, then I crewed for a bit on Death of a Wizard, starred in Tyler's then Harry's. I have to say those of you who'll see Harry's Vomitorium may be grossed out. But all in all, this was by far my favorite weekend yet. Brandon came to visit and he brought Peanut so we took him out for walks and laid out on the hill and people came to play with him, he was in heaven. That night we screened Rear Window (1954). It is now Brandon's favorite Hitchcock film. Then we finished filming my 3 minute conflict, Haven. It was a party scene We had a BLAST! Sat, we walked to a yard sale, got some coffee, did a little shopping and had BIG burritos from Chipotle. That night Bran went off with his boys for a little and  I joined him later and we all crashed a Drama party, which was 'eh.' What a weekend!

Austin, B, & West gettin ready to party
On the set of Death of a Wizard.
Photo cred: Alex Thompson

Amy & Peanut



Loves of my life, Austin & Lili! 

The Hurley Fam

In Self, Society & Cosmos we are studying the theatre of the Absurd. As absurd as it sounds, I'm totally into it. I read the play the Bald Soprano. Here is an excerpt:

MR. SMITH: Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. [Silence.]
MR. MARTIN: Don t you feel well? [Silence.]
MRS. SMITH: No, he's wet his pants. [Silence.]
MRS. MARTIN: Oh, sir, at your age, you shouldn't. [Silence.]
MR. SMITH: The heart is ageless. [Silence.]
MR. MARTIN: That s true. [Silence.]
MRS. SMITH: So they say. [Silence.]
MRS. MARTIN: They also say the opposite. [Silence.]
MR. SMITH: The truth lies somewhere between the two. [Silence.]
MR. MARTIN: That's true. [Silence.]
MRS. SMITH [to the Martins]: Since you travel so much, you must have many interesting things to tell us.
MR. MARTIN [to his wife]: My dear, tell us what you've seen today.
MRS. MARTIN: It's scarcely worth the trouble, for no one would believe me.
MR. SMITH: We're not going to question your sincerity!
MRS. SMITH: You will offend us if you think that.
MR. MARTIN [to his wife]: You will offend them, my dear, if you think that...
MRS. MARTIN [graciously]: Oh well, today I witnessed something extraordinary. Something really incredible.
MR. MARTIN: Tell us quickly, my dear.
MR. SMITH: Oh, this is going to be amusing.
MRS. SMITH: At last.
MRS. MARTIN: Well, today, when I went shopping to buy some vegetables, which are getting to be dearer and dearer...
MRS. SMITH: Where is it all going to end!
MR. SMITH: You shouldn't interrupt, my dear, it's very rude.
MRS. MARTIN: In the street, near a cafe; I saw a man, properly dressed, about fifty years old, or not even that, who...
MR. SMITH: Who, what?
MRS. SMITH: Who, what?
MR. SMITH [to his wife]: Don't interrupt, my dear, you're disgusting.
MRS. SMITH: My dear, it is you who interrupted first, you boor.

Just to give you an idea about the play. Read it. It's fun. By Eugene Ionesco

So, I am compiling all of the films I have participated in this semester to post on a blog but it's hard to get a hold of all of them. When I do, your minds will be blown by how wonderful these people are!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment