Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween (1978)

Halloween! I need more horror movies in my life!! Starting with Once Bitten (1985). One of my favs! Theres is a dance number in the movie at a high school dance that I memorized and still sometimes do in the shower. AWESOME!






Death of a Wizard wrapped last weekend and is now in post (editing). I'm so excited to see the outcome!
Molly Under the Moon wrapped this weekend and I really got to get my hands dirty with lights and gels and stands!! (Oh My!) Molly Under The Moon is a ballet filmed in the Catawba Theatre on campus. They are filming on an awesome dolly track!


.






Both my art history and philosophy class are covering the topic of Buddhism right now. About a year ago I was going through a bit of self discovery and found myself not believing in much of anything. I was at Barnes & Noble, in the religion aisle, looking for something. Not to be poetic, but I was waiting for a book to literally wedge itself off the shelf and fall down. Well, that didn't happen. But! I did find a book. Buddhism for Beginners by Thubten Chodron. 
Reading this book, I never once felt like I was entering a new religion. I felt a million questions were being answered. Not by the author, but by my own understanding. 

"Abandon negative action;
Create perfect virtue;
Subdue your own mind. 
This is the teaching of the Buddha."

Buddhism teaches to avoid harming others and to help people as much as possible. It's better explained in the Four Noble Truths: the truth of suffering, the cause of suffering, the cessation of suffering and its causes, and the path to that cessation.

Ok, that's all for Bhikshu-chat. 
PS Ooh wait! A girl in my class just said the most interesting about Karma. When a family member dies, the family goes out and practices charity work to clear the deceased of any debts or wrong doings. 


This is my bud, Ben, as Godric from True Blood. I was suppose to be Dawn, but no one really got it. It was still loads of fun!







(Left:) "I am the left brain. I am a scientist. A mathematician. I love the familiar. I categorize. I am accurate. Linear. Analytical. Strategic. I am practical. Always in control. A master of words and language. Realis...tic. I calculate equations and play with numbers. I am order. I am logic. I know exactly who I am."

(Right:) "I am the right brain. I am creativity. A free spirit. I am passion. Yearning. Sensuality. I am the sound of roaring laughter. I am taste. The feeling of sand beneath bare feet. I am movement. Vivid colors. I am the urge to paint on an empty canvas. I am boundless imagination. Art. Poetry. I sense. I feel. I am everything I wanted to be."





No comments:

Post a Comment