Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Kerner's Dream (2011)

Hello out there! I'm taking this opportunity to post a film I made for Directing class. This was our final Directing assignment, a 3 minute Dream Sequence. I broke a few rules, this project is suppose to be silent and only 3 minutes. I used audio and exceeded the time. I'm not proud that I broke the rules but I am VERY proud of my film.

I asked a few professors to make cameos which I know really made this film. So, enjoy!!







It's is such a beautiful thing, inspiration. I woke up Sunday morning without an agenda. I woke up and walked to have lunch alone. I don't usually prefer eating alone but the idea enticed me this morning because I had a lot to talk to myself about. Kind of like Fall cleaning of the house, but it was internal. 
I'm laughing at myself for writing this way right now. But I mean every word of it. 
Art finals are over. 2 academic finals to come in the next couple weeks and I feel really good about where I am academically. Although I have to admit, about the time I stopped blogging as much is when I wasn't as devoted to school as I started. To quote my dear friend, Elliott: "good grades, sleep, and a social life. Pick two."  It is the truth. 
Back to my day: after a brief lunch with my crippled friend, Bryan, I made the decision to accompany a few friends to see "The Last 5 Years" downtown. As expected, it was great. A bit of a Debbie Downer for the beautiful day it was. Ironically, when I left the theatre, the sun went away. 
Cut to: Eating frozen Custard. Yum. 
Art History Project: I have decided to make a mosaic. (A mosaic what?) A mosaic. Of Andy Warhol's portrait of Marilyn Monroe. It wasn't easy, but it sure was fun. 

Marylin Monroe, Mosaic, Chris Hurley, 2011


We went to a Goodwill and bought ceramic wat-nots to SMASH! Here we are, at the pickle, smashing coffee mugs and ugly ceramic sculptures!  Then I had a FUN slumber party with my buds where we made auto tuned magic. 

That was my Sunday. My November has been fun. Finals on the brain, looking forward to my mom's cooking this week. And SUPER excited to sleep in my bed, with my honey and baby (Bran & Peanut). The last time I saw Peanut, he was whisked away by what felt like child services. (I'm not allowed to have him in school and I did anyway.) One of my fav moments of the last few weeks has been my study groups. A big cuddle puddle with my peeps talking blocking, and depth of field, and Orsen Welles. Picture: Flash cards and power cords and terms flying in the air back and forth! 


Playing with Tyler's dolly. That's me pushing. 

Studying for American Cinema
Sticking to a zombie theme, my homie, Leah, Directed a zombie guerrilla this weekend and I got to be an extra: 




Okie dokes, I'll leave everything else for a later post. :) Ciao. 

1 comment: