Sunday, December 11, 2011

In Time (2011)

1st semester is done!

From Rachel Hall's 5 minute photo shoot. 

Next semester looks like this:

Screenwriting II
Directing II
American Cinema
Producing II
Editing II
Sound Design

Art History II and The History of Psychology

I'm okay with that.


Thanksgiving week was a success. I ate to my heart's content.


While I was studying for academic finals I kept getting distracted with my 'further reading' assignments for Self, Society & Cosmos. I think I have posted this before, but here it is again. 

Play is a play by Samuel Beckett. It was written between 1962 and 1963. This is a version directed by Anthony Minghella for Beckett on Film project.




Whenever I come across things I want to share with people or just things that inspire me, I post them here. Which is why it tends to be so random. I do it throughout a span of a few days or weeks so they may not make sense. But earlier I posted a few things about Buddhism, and some of my classes keep going back to it. Here is a link to a site I found helpful in describing the Four Noble Truths:

I got my grades, finally. 4 As, 4 Bs, and a C. The C I'm disappointed with because it is in Producing, which may be my concentration! 

We've started Intensive Arts which is workshop after workshop and screening after screening. Opening night, (Mon) we screened The Sitter (2011) with Jonah Hill. UNCSA alumni David Gordon Green directed it and brought it for us.  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0337773/
He is the perfect consistency of awesome sauce.  Tuesday we screened Brokeback Mountain (2005), and Seven Samurai (1954). Seven Samurai was a little difficult to sit through. 3 1/2 hours on the uncomfortable Gold Theatre chairs... But I will say that I appreciated the film for it's pioneering shots. What we consider cliched shots today in war films were first seen in 7 Samurai. And screening these films is what film school is all about. Which is why we screened BEETLEJUICE (1988) 
A fond memory of my childhood.

Wednesday we screened "What's Up, Doc?"(1972) Directed by our very own, Peter Bogdonavich. One of the best screwball comedies I've seen. "You're The Top" will never be the same for me. It was perfect. And Barbara's "propriety" line will go down as one of my favs. To quote Peter B on a conversation between him and Barbara....
Discussing the matters of a shot:
Barbara: You're unbelievable.
Peter: No, I'm directing.
(ends Q&A)

Peter Bogdonavich & Susan Ruskin


I've started training a little in parkour. It's therapeutic and loads of fun! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour

from rolling

Brandon deployed this weekend. You'd think it'd get easier by now. not.so.much. I pulled out my Christmas decorations recently and I think they were locked up since 2008. "/

OOH! So, I created this project while I was in Federal Work Study for my 'boss'. During the student interviews they have to sit and write a creative piece while their parents sit in the lobby and wait... well I had the idea that their parents engage in some film related activity. So we set up a little set for the parents to sit on and give a little message to their kid. Then an editor would show them how to import the footy (footage) and edit it. It was a complete success and only possible because of my dear friends! 

So, my second year, directing friend, Leah shot her guerrilla, "Guerrilla, Guerrilla."I think it's going to be great! 

Me and Austin as the sound team, DR as the first AC.

 
I can't wait for this week's workshops!! Crewing, pitching, grants/resumes, Production trucks, festival press kits!! Plus this week is our Horror series! Pan's Labyrinth (2006) to kick off tomorrow!

Well, this concludes week one of Intensi-farts. A perfect end to this week, hanging with my peeps writing pitches for a workshop listening to Steve Joblonsky.


No comments:

Post a Comment