Friday, December 30, 2011

Somewhere (2010)



This is my attitude for the New Year! (Not the judgy guy)


Since watching Hugo with mom, I can't stop listening to the soundtrack on Spotify. It has that epic film feel with a splash of Paris and a childlike feel. What more could you want?!

My 2011 Christmas movies:

Little Women (1994)
Home Alone 2 (1992)
The Family Stone (2005)
The Holiday (2006)
Last Holiday (2006)
While You Were Sleeping (1995)
[and not by choice] Cowboys & Aliens (2011)

This was the laziest Christmas but full of great food. My mom made breakfast then empanadillas, then a fruit pizza. I was stuffed and hurting. 

Christmas morning I woke up to the sweetest poem ever written.
From Brandon:

Twas the night before Christmas
And there I was,
Underway once again
On a hunt for some drugs

I stood my watch
Until it was complete,
Then made my way to berthing
To get some sleep

Not a soul was awake
No one made a peep,
So I turned on my phone
And flipped through photos I keep.

I have music galore
And apps there too,
But none of those are better
Than the photos of you.

It's the last thing I see
As I lay in bed
Your beautiful face
Dances around in my head

Another day finished
And a few more to go,
Just a couple of weeks
Until I return home.

So I leave you with this
As I close my eyes,
Merry Christmas to you
And good night my wife!

Too sweet!! 

This week week has been kind of great. I've spent it working at the Restaurant with some really fun and entertaining people I have missed so much. I've also been jotting down notes and conversations to add to a few short screenplays I am working on. It would be great if I could just write that much when I designated time to write. But that's not the way it works is it?
I've been thinking about screenwriting a lot. But it just doesn't compare to being on set set working in my opinion. If I had to choose where I wanted to be, it's on set with the craze of the production process. Doesn't mean I can't write on the side. 

I'm way too excited to go see Days in May tonight. http://www.myspace.com/daysinmay (Seriously, Kaelie, I don't know who uses Myspace anymore but that is the first link that came up on the goog.)
Anywho, my date: BEN!! 
Then tomorrow I'm convincing my mom to go see New Year's Eve (2011) with me. Cliche? Maybe. But fun. I really liked Valentine's Day (2010). 

"Fear is a sickness. It will crawl into the soul of anyone who engages it." -Apocalypto

My nephew, Wil, planking. 
Ooh! Those of you with an iPhone, add the app Heytell and send me a message. My buds and I are having WAY.TOO.MUCH.FUN. with that app. 

trimmed it, but you can't tell. This pic is so I remember the length because the next cut in 2012, will be much shorter. 
Fun 80s movie game. 


Someone once told me I remind them of Sofia Coppola, you don't forget something like that. Especially when I already adore her! Small coincidences, her bday is 4 days after mine. She lives in Paris. She is the youngest and only daughter. She is a Director, Producer, Actress, AND screenwriter. C'mon! One day...  :)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001068/

So, I'm sitting at the Suzuki dealership waiting on my car. It's either a $1,000 fix of a $200 fix. (We are hoping for the latter.)

xoxo 
Au revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment