Monday, January 2, 2012

Kill Bill:Vol. 1 (2003)


My buddy, Zach, former dance partner.
2012- THE YEAR OF CLASSY. 

My New Year's date: Michael Thrash



Hey Everyone!! Happy New Years! I just read somewhere, on one of these social networks that new year's resolutions are a to do list to complete in the first week of January. And although that is funny and somewhat true, I LOVE a chance to start over. That's why Mondays are pretty great. Well, I don't have many resolutions but to watch as many fabulous movies as I can and learn the guitar. Work hard on my 5 minute film, really do my best in school (NO C's), in general be a better person. These are things I try to live by always, but Jan 1st always gives me that extra boost. 

CONGRATULATIONS TO MY MOM!!!! Who is about to close on her own house. A very beautiful house not far from Fayetteville! I love you mom!!!

I've spent the last few days really thinking about a few story ideas I have and picking my dad's brain for creative advice. He's been very helpful with the production design and writing aspect, not to mention kicking butt on my story board. 



Blah blah blah about my car problems. I'm trying very hard not to fill this paragraph up with my current car problems so I will just say, send me good juju. I spend a lot of time in my car and I try very hard to keep it in good shape. She's starting to fall apart and she just needs good thoughts. 

Hmm, new movies I've recently seen: (and the reason I have been speaking in a British accent for the last few days. 
You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger (2010) Once again, Woody Allen reminds me that I should appreciate being alive in a time that he still makes movies. Like most, I am a fan of Annie Hall (1977). But have recently been introduced to his recent films. (Midnight in Paris (2011) & Vicky Christina Barcelona (2008). It's impressive that he also wrote these very romantic movies. Someone as quirky as him. 
Well, YWMATDS was a very real, charming movie. I could punch Gemma Jones though. Her character, not my favorite at all, but I don't think you are suppose to like her. Which is ironic that he is in a sense the protagonist of the film.. 
This movie is a pretty whiny one, where EVERYONE wants something they can't have. Or they are looking for something but don't know what, or they are just settling. Like I said, a very real movie. Because in life, you don't get what you want within the two hour allotted time of the film. 
Another movie I saw (in it's entirety) was Love Actually (2003). I think I've started it before but never finished it. This movie follows 8 couples with very interesting stories about... love of course. I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if I loved it, well, actually I'm sure I didn't LOVE it. But it was nice. 
Finally, I saw One Day (2011). Not at all what I expected but it was such a great way to tell a story! I can't get over how creative that was! And I may be a little bias since the movie takes place on my wedding anniversary. July 15th. But <<<<<SPOILER>>>>> it sucks that Emma dies on the day of my wedding. (2006) I did not see that coming, that may be because I don't usually read books leisurely. I wish I did. Hmm. I may make that a New Years Resolution. Try really hard to read a book. 

Well, I watched Kill Bill last night (one of my favorites) and I was ready to put volume 2 in, and OF COURSE it didn't work on my comp. (I don't know why I said of course, it's not like every time I put a DVD in my comp it doesn't work.) But it didn't work and I've been spending my day today feeling like I was on hold on the phone. I think I'm going to try something.... Ooh! I know exactly what I'm going to do and it involves tape. :) 
5 minutes later.....

Aw yeah... guess who's watching Kill Bill 2 tonight?!


I played a little on my guitar last night with my dad. It's not easy but this challenge feels good. My dad also bought my a couple of sketching books. So I have my work cut out for me. There is only one week left of Christmas break and I intend to enjoy it like it's 1996 again!! 

Got to see my loves at Kaelie's concert Friday!

Bass Player for Day's in May


DAYS IN MAY!!




No comments:

Post a Comment