Sunday, January 8, 2012

Silent Hill (2006)

"Absolute silence leads to sadness. It is the image of death."
Jean-Jacques Rousseau


I wouldn't go as far as saying it is the image of death, but it sure feels heavy. The last week has been so loud and packed full of company that being back in my school apartment is just too quiet. And that is after having a few friends over for a movie a while ago. 
There is something about transitions in my life that I don't deal well with. If you read back to my first day of school, I cried a lot. I have to force myself to see the bigger picture. This is where I belong.

(enough with the Debbie Downer-ness)

Winter break was everything I could ask for, minus Brandon being in another country.

Here are a few pics:

Starting with getting a tattoo. I've wanted to get the word serenity on my wrist for a while. My mom is not a fan, so I'm sorry mom. 


Austin getting his tattoo, what a trooper!
 We went to Carolina Beach on a very beautiful day last week. 

like good film makers we brought our cameras and took pics

adjusting the ISO
I heart laughing. 

Me and Kaelie, the raddest, baddest girl I know. 


shallow depth of field?

Downtown Wilmington, NC

Ft. Fisher Aquarium. One of my favorite pics. 

Reminds me of a Baby Russell's Lionfish



So tomorrow is registration! Spring semester 2012, here we come! Classes this semester are as follows:

Psychology
Art History
Editing
Sound Design
Screenwriting
Producing
Directing
American Cinema

I'm really going to miss Cinematography & Production Design. But you better believe I will be spending some time in Prof. Elkins office, who was by far my fav professor.

In two weeks we start filming our 5 minute films. It's getting to the nitty gritty and I really need to buckle down and focus. There are a million distractions available here and I can't submit to them. So I need to plan to spend a lot of time in this tiny room to get stuff done.

"If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it."


Yeah, I'm all about quotes..


This is how I'm going to attack tomorrow... and the next 3 years. Just remind me to...




Wish me luck. :) Yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment