Monday, January 9, 2012

The Sound of Music (1965)

In March Thomas Newman is coming to my school for a couple of workshops. I'm so excited because he is my favorite composer if I had to choose one. I blogged about him during Christmas break because he is the composer for Little Women (1994) which is some of the most beautiful music I've heard. A few other films he's done are:

The Help (2011)
WALL-E (2008)
Finding Nemo (2003)
The Green Mile (1999)
American Beauty (1999)
Meet Joe Black (1998)
Shawshank Redemption (1994)
Fried Green Tomatoes (1991)
The Lost Boys (1987)
Girls Just Want to Have Fun (1985)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002353/

Weirdest thing is that he has YET to win an Oscar. I'm not one to put too much weight on winning Oscars because you have to think, there can only be ONE winner in a field with MANY talented film makers, but I think he is the tops. I am so psyched that I will meet him before his first win!

First screening of Spring 2012 semester, Man on Wire (2008). "A look at tightrope walker Philippe Petit's daring, but illegal, high-wire routine performed between New York City's World Trade Center's twin towers in 1974, what some consider, "the artistic crime of the century."


"What a beautiful death to die in the exercise of your passion." -Phillipe Petit






http://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/  click on that link to see that Man on Wire was rated as the took movie on their site. I have to disagree, while it was not the worse movie I've seen it was definitely not the best. But I NEVER agree with these reacting or critics. My favorite movie Four Rooms (1995), has a rating of 71%. I don't agree. But whatevs. 



If it weren't for my dear friends this would have been my night tonight. 

So my friends, tomorrow starts my academic classes and I am so stoked! Wish me luck with my hiking all over campus. :)

I want to thank all of my followers, it's nice feeling like someone may be reading my pretty distracted thoughts every once in a while. If there is every anything you want to me to post, just ask. And spread the word about my blog, post it do whatever. I love you all.

something funny Austin shared with me

No comments:

Post a Comment