Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mixed Nuts (1994)



First day of classes!! History of Psychology is going to be tough but I accept the challenge. Question asked at the end of class, "What I find most interesting about the change that has occurred between 'the past' and 'the present' is.. (Not necessarily pertaining to Psychology) and the only thing I could think of was how 'liberal' we have become. I wish I gave my answer more thought. I may have been reacting to the fact that I was the only one late (by 3 minutes) But late nonetheless. Dr. G is gave the major disclaimer that this class will not be easy. I love that. That would be my intro if I were a teacher as well. Weed out the lazy in the beginning 

Cut to: Art History 11:30 am

It was nice to see a few new faces, a few faces I've been interested in knowing. AND my Marylin mosaic was up on the wall! Displayed for all to see. I have to admit that I am a little more proud of it than I let on because it was hard and fun work. It looks like shit, but I love it! :) It's in one of my earlier blogs. 

This is going to be a very busy semester and any down time I have I feel guilty over because I know there is work I should be doing. I'm working on a few upper clansmen films as well as 2 1st year productions a week.  AGH! This is exciting! 


In Editing we are getting started with Hitchcock. Different editing techniques and styles in general. I'll be honest, first screening in editing- I dozed off a little. 
But then I took advantage to catch up on an email or two. :) 

I've said it once before but I will say it again. I gain my inspiration for my craft from the people around me, specifically my friends and family. And I couldn't be more grateful to them. The best feeling is that there are people there around you who genuinely care and love you. It's easy to forget that and feel lonely and if you're anything like me, then you think you can do everything yourself. Lonely world that is. 

The words ringing in my dreams and in my life are "five minutes..... five minutes..... five minutes..."

As first years we have an assignment we have been working on since last semester. The first assignment was to write a 5 minute script (4-5 pages). That adheres to the regulations "no animals, no minors, no nudity, no weapons, no stunts" And has to be filmed on a set in a studio. We get 4 hours to set up, film and tear down our set. It's stressful!! But exactly what I'm here for. The films I have filmed thus far, in my opinion, make me a film maker. But there is something about this specific assignment that makes me feel that much more of a film maker. We get a full crew:


Chris Hurley *                          DIRECTOR
Carol Housel-Kenney               PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (PRODUCER)
Michelle Shiraziefard                1ST AD (ASSISTANT DIRECTOR)
Jenny Gray                                2ND AD (ASSISTANT DIRECTOR)
Will Massengill                         SCRIPT SUPERVISOR
Harry Keenan                           DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY
Mike Kern                                1ST AC (ASSISTANT CAMERA OPERATOR)
Josh Mayo                                DOLLY GRIP
Joseph Hefner                           MIXER
Kazmo Kida                             BOOM OP
Tyler Harmon-Townsend        ART DIRECTOR
Harrison Keller                        KEY GRIP
Alex Hughes                           GAFFER
Camilo Herrera                       ACTOR
Ben Guilbault                         1ST AC (ASSISTANT CAMERA OPERATOR)
Rachael Hall                          ART DEPARTMENT
Donald Monroe                     ART DEPARTMENT
Jake Kath                               ART DEPARTMENT


First day of Sound Design! I'm so glad I paid attention to the one class on sound in Cinematography and the one day of sound during intensive arts. BUT! They are changing the sound cart and making it wireless. It's about time, but dern that I studied the mess out of that cart. 

This is a mixer, which is what the boom, camera and monitor are connected to. 



One of my favorite moments in Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008)

Sarah Marshall: "Oh, I'm Aldous Snow! Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. Oh no drinks for me thanks. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit!"
Sarah Marshall: [Pointing to his tattoos]
[In normal accent]
Sarah Marshall: And you know what? Let me tell you something about these tattoos, okay. That is Buddhist, that is Nordic, that is Hindu, that's just gibberish. They are completely conflicting ideologies, and that does not make you a citizen of the world, it makes you full of shit!
Aldous Snow: Was that genuine or did you fake that? Right, I'm probably gonna clear off now. I'll have a little sleep for a few hours, then I'm probably gonna go in the morning. Okay.
Sarah Marshall: I hate your music.
Aldous Snow: Yeah, well I fucked the housekeeper, the other day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment