Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Death Proof (2007)


If I had to choose a place to visit right now at this moment, it would be Paris. I want nothing more than to see the architecture and the fashionable people and taste the pastries. I want to stand, all morning, in line for the Louvre with french coffee and a croissant. I want to hear the people around me speaking French and being completely annoyed with the Americans. I want to watch a burlesque show and walk the dangerous streets at night passing the prostitutes. I want to see the locations where some of my favorite films were produced. And see what's been built over the earliest Nickelodeons. 

I've been hopelessly stressed for a few days now. (Secretly thanking my friends for causing my distraction) I'm grateful to be so busy but at the same time I'm cursing the sky for not having more time to do all the things I have to do. 

I have a hard time saying no, and I don't have the luxury to say no right now since I'm still making a name for myself here. But I have a lot on my plate with 2nd year productions and a 3rd year production. (Along with my 5 minute film that shoots in 24 days) I know that sounds like more than enough time, but I also have 8 classes worth of homework and 3 productions worth of work to do. 

I haven't found my niche yet. Any moment I get to study and do homework, I take. I can't focus alone in my room anymore, don't know when that started. But then when conversations ensue while I'm studying, I'd rather be a part of it than ignore it. 

1st world problems here. 

Believe it or not, writing about it helps. I'm sure I sound whiny but I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm curious how others deal with it. Medication? Therapy? Drug Abuse? Avoidance. Procrastination. Complaining. Ooh! How about, becoming productive? Grabbing the bull by it's balls!


Let me share with you Brandon's advice when he heard how stressed I was:

You  have a lot on your plate and I know that. But you have to take it one day at a time. Don't make too many plans for later, just get through the day. It is going to get easier. You know that. You have been here before and you did great at it the first time. I mean like you spanked it. Its new and you are learning. But you are good at it. I am proud of you and you need to know that you are going to be successful bb. You have a goal and right now it seems so far away. But you have to enjoy the ride. Not too much cause this school is expensive, and I am willing to kill anyone that messes with you. 

I sure did spank my first degree, but that was after 4 straight years of CRYING! Let me be the first to say that I eat my words, I mentioned to someone that the beginning of this semester was going to be easy. Just slowly getting into the swing of things and getting ready for our 5 minute films. Yeah right! Let me quote my buddy, Milo: "2nd semester of your first year is like a punch in the balls." Or ovaries in my case. 


So I haven't had time to watch any movies lately, but I'm sure Brandon will take me out to see one when he gets here. :) 
Spartacus (1960) just came in my Netflix. Not really what I'm in the mood for, but I know it's one I need to see. I'm kind of in the mood for Death Proof (2007) or something equally violent. 

Actually I'm just in the mood to make another mosaic. Smash a bunch of coffee mugs and plates. But wait! I have homework. No time for extracurricular activities. :) I can't wait for the day I get to look back on this blog and laugh at myself. 

Internships. That's another thing I need to get on. This summer shall be the summer of internships! Yes it will! Hopefully a major motion picture! 

You know what I would love? A full body massage!! Then a hot bath! Then chocolate. In that order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment