Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Some Like It Hot (1959)

 Best song of the week!!

Best part: This band is Delta Rae who will be performing in Greensboro on the day I shoot my 5 minute film. Good Juju! I play this song daily and it just lifts me up. I'm having a hard time finding more music by them that aren't covers. 

I LOVE ANTHOLOGY FILMS!! A feature film consisting of several different short films, often tied together by only a single theme, premise, or brief interlocking event (often a turning point).

That is exactly what Paris, je t'aime (2006) was. With directors including: Wes Craven, The Cohen brothers, and Gerard Depardieu.


There has since been a few movies inspired by Paris; New York, I Love You (2009), and one is Jerusalem and China. I saw NY, I <3 You and I really enjoyed it. I can't decide which I liked more. 
I've been toying with an idea I have (that will be an independent project) hopefully before this school semester ends. It is inspired by one of my favorite films, Four Rooms. I'd need 3 co-writers. This is not the time to ask for collaboration but I will be asking soon. 



This was me last week when I got my pre-ordered digital copy of Ingrid Michaelson's new album Human Again. With it she released her US tour Dates: http://www.ingridmichaelson.com/shows May 8th, Charlotte, NC!! I'm so there! Celebrating my birthday week, with a concert by my favorite artist!!





American Cinema had an optional screening of Some Like it Hot (1959) this weekend. I saw it for the first time this summer and decided it's my favorite Marilyn film so far. I haven't seen a whole lot, (Seven Year Itch (1955), and Gentlemen prefer Blondes (1953) ) You can't deny that she is charming and sexy to say the least. I'm really interested in My Week with Marilyn (2011). 


I received really good advice from a dear friend in the middle of a ranting moment yesterday. "Take One Day At A Time." Sounds simple enough. But it helped with what I was stressed about. Working for all of the these productions don't show completed results at the moment, and I won't feel validated until the Director yells, "That's a wrap!" But as long as I do work, then I'm doing the best/most I can. I need to constantly remind myself of that. Starting a task and completing it in that sitting is how I've worked most of my life. But film is not like that at all. This will definitely teach me to be patient and manage my time wisely. 

Goals for my 5 minute, get the Art Department aspect done this weekend. With the help of one Brandon J. Hurley.  :) Then create a shot list with my DP. Those seem to be the most important things. 

On another note: Things I'm looking forward to in 2012. 

Finishing my 5 minute (duh)
Seeing Delta Rae in concert
Seeing Ingrid Michaelson in concert
Turning 28 (should be fun!)
getting through this first year
Working again (and getting paid more than just min wage)
Having time to see my mom
Visiting my Dad and VA family
Going to the beach all summer

Looking forward to good things always helps me deal with the present. :)


"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life — It goes on."- ROBERT FROST

Some stills from a 5 minute I acted in: 





No comments:

Post a Comment