Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Psycho (1998)



My Paths to Present: History of Psychology class is really sparking thought; and really leaving me with some beautiful quotes. You know how much I love quotes. 


"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying."
-Woody Allen


"When you got to ask what it is, you never get to know."
-Louis Armstrong


"Think, too, about why we sometimes remind ourselves that "life is short." It is an impetus to extend a gesture of affection to a loved one, to bury the hatchet in a pointless dispute, to use time productively rather than squander it. I would argue that nothing gives life more purpose than the realization that every moment of consciousness is a precious and fragile gift."

"The Brain: The Mystery of Consciousness" By Steven Pinker





It's official! First years have started filming their 5 minute movies. Camilo & I dropped off a few things on stage 5 and got a rush of adrenaline with all the hustle going on around us. I've been on set a couple of times last semester but it's not the same. These are our people filming. It was exhilarating seeing our people running around setting up c-stands with flags and beefy babies with lights and moving set dressing around. Actors sitting around running through their lines and the DP & Cam Op setting up the camera. My section starts next Thursday but while my section experiences shooting their first movie together I will be in the stage next door acting in someone else's. I wish I could be in two places at once. I truly love my section. 



I started my work study in Tech Ops last week. It was really awesome and overwhelming how much equipment we have. I took some time just to walk around and familiarize myself with the equipment. 


Brandon is coming home early! He'll be here by Thursday of this week! He was suppose to get back in mid Feb. Little does he know, he may be helping out with some movies soon. :) Shh..

Well, I should probably pay attention to class. I wonder how section 2 & 4 are doing......

No comments:

Post a Comment